Why Join as a mentor?
- You will enhance your coaching skills to help mentees fulfill their potential which would benefit the chef profession as a whole
- Your will accelerate leadership capabilities development, ready for your next move and immense possibilities
- You will gain insight and perspective from a younger generation’s point of view, can transfer learning to their working environment to retain & develop talents
- You will refine your learnings, implement new leadership techniques, improve your communication skills and problem-solving techniques
- You will join a network of passionate chefs to collaborate and to meet future challenges with consortium effort
Who can be a mentor?
Criteria to be a mentor:
- A chef in good standing, with solid supervisory experience
- Has the desire to give back & invest in the chef profession and the culinary industry
- Willing to enrich his/her coaching, communication and leadership skills
- Including Western, Pastry & Chinese Cuisine chefs
- Active participation & commitment are essential
What are the roles of a mentor?
A mentor serves as an advisor and counsellor to a mentee by sharing his/her professional experience and knowledge to facilitate development and progression of the mentees.
Mentors are expected to:
- Set expectation with your mentee, including outcomes of the mentoring relationship, frequency of interactions, etc.
- Make yourself available for phone consultation, meetings or discussion whenever possible, suggest arrangements that works for you
- Have the mentee’s best interests in mind;
- Provide non-judgmental support;
- Provide guidance on issues raised;
- Pass on knowledge and experience but encourage the mentee to be self-reliant;
- Help develop learning plans;
- Be a good listener and appreciate mentee’s point of view;
- Inspire mentee to meet or exceed his/her chosen goals;
- Provide honest feedback;
- Follow through on commitments;
- Be respectful, responsive and committed;
- Trustworthy – the issues discussed during a mentoring session should be treated in strictest of confidence;
- Be a source of positive energy, show passion for the chef profession;
- Be a role model of a chef professional with high standard of integrity and professionalism
Mentors are expected to:
- Act as a sponsor;
- Find job for the mentee;
- Be an expert in all areas;
- Carry out a mentee’s work on his/her behalf
- Pick up bill every time, let the mentee pay once in a while, or pay for himself
- Click Join Now to register as a Mentor
- You will be contacted by our Program Manager to finalize the involvement plan
- You will be invited to our Program gatherings / briefing session
- You will be asked to provide feedback/report/evaluation to help to improve the Program